Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pat Novak Says...

I tried to get to my feet once but it wasn't easy. It was like trying to push a basketball through a stovepipe. I think it was close to 11 when I got out to the street. I didn't even buy a paper to find out about the fight. I grabbed a cab and went up to my apartment to iron out my spine. It was a good idea, but the girl at the desk had a message from Hans Neumeier. He was out at the California General Hospital, and he wanted to see me right away.

When I got there, he was at the end of a ward on the third floor, but the duty nurse wouldn't let me by. Well, she was a real pretty nurse, if you liked pure mammal. Somebody buzzed and when she oozed down the hall, I ducked into the ward and started looking for Hans Neumeier.

- Pat Novak for Hire, March 20, 1949 - "Rory Malone"

1 comment:

Jet Ski Ham said...

Alright. That's it. It is my solemn vow to begin talking like this immediately.