Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"It's the Time of the Season"

So, the weekly lake walk.

Or the weakly lake walk.

Should I keep doing these? I dunno. I've been kind of interested in the way the lake and its environs change character from season to season. And in the day to day mutability of the lake.

It's also become a bit like running laps or doing reps - hit the same spots, keep an eye out for what you can do with them. I think I finally got a good shot of the Hoofers boats lined up at the dock, for example. (So no more of those.)

And another seasonal sign - the first sight of this year's ducklings. So that's new, and that'll be something to track over the summer.

I think this weekend, I'll go for a longer walk, see how far around the lake I get. I'd wanted to do that in the winter, but it was too cold, especially holding a camera with no gloves. We'll see, I s'pose.

























And another panorama. Not the best, but what the hey:

No comments: