Monday, August 18, 2008

Obligatory 500th Post

You, the woman; I, the man; this, the world:
And each is the work of all.

There is the muffled footstep in the sand; the stranger;
The crippled wren; the nun; the dancer; the angels winging
Over the walkers in the village; and there are
Many beautiful arms around us and the things we know.


- from "The Character of Love Seen as a Search for the Lost,"
by Kenneth Patchen

First heard this in a 90s movie called Mindwalk, recited by John Heard in voiceover. The lines always stuck with me (though at the time, I thought it was by Neruda for some reason). First two lines are pretty close to my personal philosophy, worldview, whatever you call it. So, thought I'd toss that up for Post 500.

Each is the work of all, and all of that.

Okay, that's it. Fort Pitt.

No comments: